Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Critical Mass

Quick, what weights 10 pounds? A bag of sugar. A bowling ball. A 32-inch LCD television. Our two cats Minnie and Maggie (each, that is...approximately, anyway). And my wallet, some would say, thanks to my expanding collection of ATM receipts and expired health benefit cards from whomever owns my employer these days...

(forgive my dated use of English units, but remember--Canada didn't go officially metric until 1973, and being in Grade 3, I was far too old to change my ways...)

Oh, and two other things: our boys Carter and Nathaniel. Can you hear my spinal ligaments tearing? I'm not a big guy--save me Baby Bjorn!

Today was the day for the boys bi-weekly checkup and weigh-in (plus another round of RSV shots), which found the dynamic duo had more than doubled their respective birth weights in just under three months! Dr. P was very impressed with their progress (and presumably, good spirits), and was pleased to hear that Nathaniel had already been visited by people from Surrey Place.

The official numbers are as follows:

Nathaniel clocks in at 10 lbs, 5 oz.








His older brother (by two minutes) Carter is just a little behind at 10 lbs, 1 oz.

Needless to say, I'm no longer in any great hurry to introduce them to the charms of Dr. Seuss' "Hop On Pop"...not without a paramedic on call...

No comments:

Post a Comment