Monday, March 7, 2011

Razzle Dazzle!




I've been getting a lot of mileage out of my lifelong pop-culture obsessions lately: Star Wars, The Beatles, Star Trek, superheroes, even the old "Hawaii 5-0". Ever since it was referenced on a recent installment of "The Imagination Movers", I've been putting the boys through boot camp in our kitchen with my rendition of the famous military drill from the Bill Murray comedy "Stripes". Tonight, while marching around the kitchen to "Yankee Doodle Dandy" about 100 times, I launched into some of the Bill Murray schtick and the boys picked up on it right away (that's Carter, showing how to "salute"). Before bed, Nathaniel was running around the bedroom saying "razzle dazzle!" almost letter-perfect--and he only heard it once!

This joins "hello", and "Five minutes" (Carter's daily "time outs") as the latest additions to a rapidly expanding vocabulary...

No comments:

Post a Comment