Wednesday, July 9, 2008

14 Weeks In Lanugo

Today, Lidia got her weekly alert from the ever-reliable babycentre.ca. The little ones are now 14 weeks along in their journey, which means that they're now growing hair (and if they take after me, they'll have a lot of it--I've made it past 43 without losing a strand, but those little gray numbers are increasing)--on the head, brows, all over. They're also covered in something called lanugo, an ultrafine down that'll disappear before birth. Some muscles are starting to work--the youngsters can grasp, squint, frown, grimace and even suck their thumb, if so inclined. Lidia thinks she can start to feel them moving around, and with that, I'm making more of an effort to talk to them on a regular basis. But right now, I'm sure their favorite sounds are Minnie and Maggie's purrs...how can I compete with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment