Monday, January 19, 2009

Obama Who?

In the year I was born, The Beatles first appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show, the Warren Commission decided that Oswald acted alone, and America began bombing North Vietnam. Not that I have any memory of these events, and technology of the time was so limited and exclusive that a single black-and-white family photograph was a luxury, so I didn't realize my toddlerdom spanned such a turbulent period in North American history until many years after the fact...although I do recall hazy images of the moon landing, and the launch of Sesame Street...

Today, shooting a high-quality still or video clip is as simple as a keypad press on your cell phone. Of course, I've invested in some more serious hardware--a Nikon SLR and a Sony HD camcorder--and have taken about 2,000 stills of the boys, and shot about 22 hours of high-definition video since Dec. 3...if you plan on coming to my place for "home movie night", plan to stay awhile...

Tonight, the boys were witnesses to a new era with the broadcast of the inaugural celebration concert for Barack Obama. Not that they'll remember either--they spent much of the two hours snoozing, although Lidia says Carter seemed to respond to John Mellencamp's "Pink Houses"--but here's proof that they were mere inches from history being made...in glorious 5.1 surround sound!

No comments:

Post a Comment