Sunday, August 3, 2008

Whew...

Some urgent news from home this evening: while I was working on an art project this afternoon--instead of sitting outside and enjoying the sun on a rare rain-free day like any other normal human being--I noticed on my Facebook "status" list that my niece, visiting her grandparents/my folks up north, mentioned that she was "visiting Nanny in the hospital". Immediately, panic flooded in--my grandmother was in the hospital and I didn't know about it?!

Turns out she'd been feeling ill the previous evening and once my mother took her to the hospital, she found out she'd suffered a minor heart attack. I spoke with her today and she's not terribly happy to be stuck in ICU on nitro and and IV. And it's not over yet: she'll be shuttled off to Ottawa for some tests and perhaps a bit of surgery, but thankfully, everything seems to be on the mend. This is her first serious health scare I'm aware of--Nanny's an amazing 85 but you'd never know it--so I guess she's entitled to one. With our two youngsters on the way, she's got even more motivation to stick around--someone's gotta knit all those booties and nobody does it better...

No comments:

Post a Comment